Who we are
The British Heart Valve Society (BHVS) is a registered charity in England and Wales (no.1147736). We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (no. CSN9627156) in the UK under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our registered office is at 33 Turbine Way, Echotech Business Park, Swaffham, PE37 7XD. The BHVS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how it is protected.
What information we collect
Why we collect this information
We use information held about you in the following ways: Information you give to us. We may use this information:
- to deal with your requests and/or enquiries;
- to carry out analysis, improve the quality of our services and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to maintain our records for administrative purposes;
- to track use of web pages;
- to protect our site against unauthorised access;
- to comply with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to send you information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service. Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we handle your personal information
The BHVS respects the privacy of its members and website users and aims to act consistently with the EU General Data Protection Regulations and data protection. We will not, unless otherwise stated, share your personal information with any third parties but if you choose to purchase any subscriptions, services or publications from us we will pass your personal information to a secure, third-party payment service provider and any such third party will require further information from you in order to process your payment.
Where we store your personal data
If you have any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice, if at any time you wish us to stop using your personal information or if you wish to have your personal data updated or corrected, you may contact us at [email protected]