Training in valve disease
BHVS training day and experience while running a valve clinic
Specialist valve activity
- Runs a nurse-led valve clinic seeing 6 new patients and 5-10 follow-up patients each week with a centre volume of 380 TAVI per year.
- Gives specialist inpatient consultations for valve disease.
Moderate and severe native valve disease, post intervention (transcatheter valve interventions and surgical valve replacement)
- Nurse valve clinics are run alongside cardiologists’ so that discussion could happen at the same time if issues such as patient deterioration of symptoms, abnormal echo findings that need reviewing, further arrangement of investigations and subsequent treatment plans.
Cardiologists can also be emailed for non-urgent issues.
- Cases can be discussed at an MDT.
- Patient information leaflets are available and patient surveys are being done via patient forums (prior to COVID pandemic).
BHVS, Euro PCR, London Valve PCR
Faculty for Medtronic Valve Nurse training programmes, Faculty at the Edwards TAVI Today meeting for nurses, Faculty at the Nottingham TAVI today and Next conference, Conducted Webinars for Abbott on Single POint of Referral for Aortic Valve Disease, Faculty for the BJCA training on TAVI
Faculty for Edwards TAVI Coordinators meeting via web conference, Faculty for Abbott for a webinar on impact of COVID on TAVI service.
BHVS, ESC ACNAP, BCIS, Medscape UK