In my early career, I supported the intra-operative mitral valve surgical repair programme at St George’s hospital and delivered TOE training sessions to cardiac anesthetists. I contributed to the development of interventional cardiac services at The Heart Hospital, UCLH by supporting TAVI, PFO/ASD closures and MitraClip procedures. I was part of the team that implanted the 1st UK TAVI device in a patient with heterotopic heart transplant. I led the implementation of physiologist-led valve clinic and valve stress echo services at Harefield hospital and, over the last five years, have been actively supporting the valve clinic and interventional cardiology services at Guys and St Thomas hospital.
A few examples of other relevant skills and work experience:
- Appointed member of the NHS England Diagnostic Clinical Advisory Group aimed at improving access to rapid diagnosis for all patients within the NHS.
- Active member of the South-East and London cardiovascular networks, experienced in leading service development projects, responding efficiently to challenging front- line situations, and improving clinical diagnostic services through innovation and collaborative work.
- Delivery of improved cardiac diagnostic efficiencies for emergency referrals, heart failure and cancer services through collaborative KHP Care Redesign and Outpatients improvement programmes.
- Led the development of highly advanced echocardiography services for UCLH internationally recognised cardiomyopathy services.
- Supported the development and implementation of new diagnostic pathways of care for the ULCH Acute Stroke Unit and Oncology services in the MacMillan Cancer Center.
- Successfully led the transformational echo working group across multiple hospitals and NHS Trusts for the integration of cardiovascular services in the Barts Heart Centre.
- Delivery of Advanced Clinical Practice, with special interest in valve clinics, interventional TOE, stress echo, cardio-oncology, and inherited cardiac conditions.
- Project managed the expansion of stress echo services, secured project funds (£200K) and delivered significant revenue growth (£98K above estimated plan within the first year).
I am passionate about promoting equality and diversity practices within the NHS and improving the early detection and management of patients with heart valve disease. This can only be achieved through open collaborative work, detailed strategic planning, and well defined pathways of care.