A state-of-the-art webinar delivered by national and international expert faculty.
This is a focussed educational event on patient selection for transcatheter heart valve intervention featuring a comprehensive review of imaging-based case selection in aortic, mitral and tricuspid disease.
Understand the key clinical factors in patient selection for transcatheter heart valve intervention
Improve understanding of patient perspectives on transcatheter and surgical valve therapies
Understand imaging-based case selection in contemporary transcatheter heart valve interventions
Patient selection for transcatheter heart valve intervention
Webinar introduction/chair and moderator – Mamta H. Buch
Imaging talks moderator – Madalina Garbi
Each talk 20 min + 10 min discussion – 13:00 to 16:30
1. Clinical considerations in patient selection for transcatheter heart valve intervention
Dr Douglas Muir, The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
2. Patient interview: perspectives on transcatheter versus surgical valve intervention.
Dr Dominik Schlosshan, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK – interviewer
3. Imaging-based case selection for TAVI in aortic stenosis
Dr Christopher Malkin, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
4. Imaging-based case selection for transcatheter treatment of aortic regurgitation with the Trilogy valve
Prof Stephan Achenbach, University of Erlangen Hospital, Erlangen, Germany
5. Imaging-based case selection for TEER in mitral regurgitation
Dr Lucy Safi, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, US
6. Imaging-based case selection for transcatheter valve implantation in mitral valve (in native valve / MAC / ring / valve)
Dr Joao Cavalcante, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Minneapolis, US
7. Imaging-based case selection for TEER in tricuspid regurgitation
Dr Alison Duncan, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK